Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Radio Corazón

Hello... Today Nick asked us talk about the last film that we saw... In my case that one was Radio Corazón.

This movie is the no oficial sequel of "El Chacotero sentimental" of 1998 that is until today the most popular film in Chile. Radio Corazón preserve the original structure narrating three diferent stories through a radio program which is the union point for this film (like in the first one). The film start whit "La iniciación" ("The initiation") a story wich count how a teeneger called Nice (Manuela Martelli) treat to keep the promise that she did to her friend... "Before I be 18 I will be a woman, will lose my virginity" and in this attempt she involved her stepfather Manolo (Daniel Muñoz) and his workmetter Darwin (Daniel Alcaíno). Then we confront a Drama "Mi nuera" ("my daughter in law") that develop between Sandra (Claudia Di Girolamo) her son Federico (Nestor Cantillana) and his girlfriend Manuela (Juana Viale), this is a very strong story wich involved lies, loneliness and homosexuality. Finally we find a story called "Cuento de Hadas" ("Fairy Tale") which is, in my opinion, the weakest point in this movie. This tale is about a domestic servant called Valeria (Tamara Acosta) who work with a very rich family which are having some problem because of Maria Pilar`s illness (Amparo Noguera), who is the employer. The main problem is between Maria Pilar and her husband Cristián (Felipe Braund), and this problem reach at Valeria in a no common way.

In my opinion this is a very good movia, I do not know if is better of previous one, but have a very good photografy, framing and I had a very good soprise with "Rumpy", the Director, because I think he did a very good job (It is his first movie). Beside the actors performance is very good, especially Caludia Di Girolamo, Daniel Muñoz and Manuela Martelli. Tamara Acosta also did a good job (Like always) but we have seen she is this kind of role.

TYhis film is a very good option, especially if you want know more the chilean culture.

1 comment:

Ramiro Mella Sagredo. said...

Elias: I think this sculpture is a very expresive one. I think that Totila Albert's works are very beatiful. I give you my congratulations.